Monday 14 November 2011

Horror Movie Trailers



What I found most interesting about this trailer was the contrast between good and evil, a common narrative structure used in horror. The fact that a young girl is portrayed as evil was something that I found odd and wanted to watch more of. The trailer also contained some interesting shots, such as the close-up of the swings moving and the canted angles looking at the girl.




I decided to look at this trailer particularly because eyes are something that I find quite disturbing when tampered with. This film contains a number of close-ups of eyes and also point of view shots which blur and mimic the opening of an eye; something I find to be quite scary.



I liked this trailer mainly for the use of camera work, I liked the handheld shots such as when they were running down a hallway and also the CCTV type work that were used in the bedroom. It is something that I find interesting and would possibly like to include in my own trailer.

1 comment: